Values and Action
Our faculty members are the core of our University and they are exemplars of Meliora. As of June 30, 2013 we have raised $297 million of our $350 million Faculty Support goal for The Meliora Challenge. This represents various types of giving, including your tremendous support of endowed professorships.
Thanks to your leadership and generosity, as of this writing, we have succeeded in establishing 66 new endowed professorships. We set a goal to reach a minimum of 80 new endowed professorships by the end of the Campaign. Your inspirational giving has put us in a position to go well beyond that number. Together, we are building a tradition of faculty excellence.
In recent months, we have strived to highlight the importance of endowed professorships as a crucial resource at the University. They were the focus of the Winter 2013 issue of Endeavor and, more recently, we released a brochure dedicated to this special initiative. We have also covered the establishment and celebration of many endowed professorships in this newsletter between July 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013.
To read about professorships featured in past issues of Fast Forward and learn more about some of our distinguished faculty members and the benefactors who have created legacies of support in areas across the University, click on any of the professorships below.
- Nathaniel and Helen Wisch Professorship in Biology
- C. Jane Davis and C. Robert Davis Distinguished Professorship in Pulmonary Medicine
- Dominick J. Argento Professorship
- James N. Doyle, Sr. Professorship in Entrepreneurship
- John J. Kuiper Distinguished Professorship
- Dr. Elizabeth R. McAnarney Professorship in Pediatrics Funded by Roger and Carolyn Friedlander
- Ani and Mark Gabrellian Professorship
- Andrew H. and Janet Dayton Neilly Dean of River Campus Libraries
- Saunders Family Distinguished Professorship in Neuromuscular Research
- Jay S. and Jeanne P. Benet Professor of Finance
- Richard and Margaret Burton Distinguished Professorship in Orthopaedics
- Charles E. and Dale L. Phelps Professorship in Public Health and Policy
- Denham S. Ward, MD, PhD Professorship
- Alan F. Hilfiker Distinguished Professorship in English
- Georgia and Thomas Gosnell Distinguished Professorship in Palliative Care
- Georgia and Thomas Gosnell Professorship in Quality and Safety
- Shohei Koide Professorship in Biochemistry and Biophysics
James D. Thompson
Senior Vice President
Chief Advancement Officer